Daniel Reinaldo Bernstein, L. Ac. CH, NCCAOM NYS Licensed Acupuncturist
People often ask me if Chinese medicine was my first career. In fact, before doing this work I was a musician. Among the things I learned in that field was the power of energy to raise the human spirit. For that reason I was able to pick up Chinese medicine, and in 1995 I completed a rigorous four-year program.
During my first several years I was at a pain management clinic, seeing up to 100 patients a week. It soon became clear to me—as it does to many practitioners—that pain has a strong emotional component. Due to my own chronic insomnia, which acupuncture cured, I soon focused on sleep disorders and was able to help a great many people. But a segment of the populace with chronic issues was slipping through our fingers. The problem was not in Chinese medicine, but the toxins of modern life including stress and environmental toxicity.
In 2005, in an effort to reach more people, I began studying medical hypnosis and Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). From there I studied Functional Medicine to be able to repair the nervous system from the impact of environmental toxicity. It is a great boon to be able to help people using all three modalities to treat both body and mind.
Since 2003 I have been in private practice. I have taught at university, and still lecture on sleep disorders and on the diverse ways people heal. My emphasis is on treating the person, not the disease, thereby creating a unique treatment strategy for each person I see.
Licenses and Certifications:
• BS from University of Wisconsin
• 1995 Graduated College Traditional Chinese Health-Care as Acupuncture Physician
• Nationally Board Licensed (NCCAOM) in Acupuncture, New York State
• Graduate (New York NLP Center) in Level I & II Ericksonian Hypnosis.
• Member of National Guild Of Hypnotists (CH)
• Director of Blue Phoenix Wellness since 2000.
• Fluent In: Spanish, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Nutrition Testing and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)